How to pre populate a field in a form using a Behaviour Action?

Hi All,
I want to populate an Enum type column with a specific value when I enter the form view. The form view is entered through the ‘Behaviour action’ - ‘App: Go to another view within the app’. I selected “LINKTOFORM” expression to gain access to the form view (I know there are other ways to enter a form, but in my app, this ‘behaviour action’ is what I specifically want to use to enter in to the form view). The form has an ‘Enum type column’ called [Station] which has a list of hospitals in the country assigned to it via a ‘Data Validity’ - ‘ValidIf’ expression (The Google Sheet has a table called “UroStations”, in it there’s a column called “Stations” that has the list of Urology Stations in the country, and this is the column that populates the [Station] column in the form view).
The functionality of the app goes like this… The app first shows a view (A card type view) that allows the user to select the Urology Station (for this purpose, the card type view uses the “UroStations” table’s [Stations] column’s values), and when the user selects a specific station, the detailed view of this specific row is brought up and it has few “Behaviour actions”. One of the behaviour actions is to ‘Create a new entry’ using the form view, and what I want is this form view’s [Station] Enum type column (which is a pull down menu which has all the Urology stations in the country) to just show the specific ‘Station’ that user initially selected from the app in the first view, so that the user doesn’t have to select the ‘Station’ again.
Is this possible? I tried LINKTOFORM(“Patient Details Table”,”Station”,[_THISROW].[Stations]), but this didn’t work.
Ironically, when I enter the table view through a Behaviour Action called “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Patient Details Table”,[Station]=[_THISROW].[Stations]) expression, and then proceed to add a new entry through the table by tapping on the + button, then the form view gets populated with the specific station. What I’m trying is to directly enter the form view without having to go through the table. Do let me know if that’s possible.
Thanks

0 14 1,715
14 REPLIES 14
Top Labels in this Space