How to show certain columns depending on the view

Hi, I’m extremely new to appsheet, I started learning it about a week ago.

My Problem: I have a column(Approval) and I have 2 types of users (Writter and Supervisor). In the form I the writter uploads the document and the supervisor reviews the entry and gives approved or rejected status I wanted to show this enum buttons only to supervisor so I used ( IN (USEREMAIL(),Select(user[User Email],[Role]=“Supervisor”))) But this gave me another issue. In the deck view for Writters It has the same column (Approval) as summary, So a writter can quickly see if an entry has been rejected or approved this no longer happens as the above expression prevents anyone other than supervisors from seeing it.

How do I overcome this any help would be much appreciated and please dont go too advanced on me

Solved Solved
0 10 805
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK I found a solution in options called Apply Show_if universally under forms section turning this off and reverting back to my old show formula WORKED

but I’ve no idea if there are dire consequences or if it is not best practice can you let me know if there is any issue going with this route?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Top Labels in this Space