How to show only Expense or Sales Categories from an Enum based on value of another column

Howdy! I’m making a bookkeeping App for a non-profit Club. I want to keep it simple and record all transactions in one Table, including Invoices. I have an Enum column [Category] with all Expense & Sales Account Categories. I have an [Invoice] Enum column with one button choice of “Invoice”. When “Invoice” is entered into [Invoice], I only want the four Sales-type choices to be available in [Category] Enum column. When “Invoice” is not entered in [Invoice] column, I want only the twelve Expense-type Categories to appear.
Related question: I also need to only allow positive currency amounts to be entered into [Amount] when the transaction is a Sales type/when “Invoice” is entered into [Invoice] column, and only allow negative amounts into [Amount] when [Category] is an Expense/when “Invoice” does not appear in [Invoice]. I’m using this 'forced" positive or negative [Amount] setup because that’s what I see most bookkeeping software do, however, it seems simpler and like the App would be able to handle all [Amounts] entered as a simple positive Dollar amount and then automatically make it a negative only if it is an Expense type category.
I’m still working trough the best set up for this, so any suggestions would be much appreciated. TYTYTY!!

0 9 930
9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space