I am trying to use Actions to create new vers...

I am trying to use Actions to create new versions of entries…

… but I’m getting through some problems.

1a - The entries have a Next Analysis field. This field equals entry creation date + number of days user set for next analysis. So far so good.

1b - When creating a new version of the same analysis, I need to erase that Next Analysis Field from the previous entry. Because in the previous Analysis, I might have set Next Analysis to 6 months from now. Then one week later I discover some problem, do a new analysis and set next analysis to one month later. However, previous version of the analysis would have a posterior date for next analysis! That is bound to confuse a user who is looking at a table.

1c - so I created a combo action, one action to delete or zero the Next Analysis of the current field, then copy and edit the new entry.

1d - however, the action to zero, make blank, etc, the NextAnalysis field doesn´t work. Because the NextAnalysis has a FORMULA, remember? “entry creation date + number of days user set for next analysis”. I can´t even select it.

1e - so what can I do?

2 - Also with actions, I am trying to increase version number of the analysis.

2a - At first I can create a new analysis by clicking

NEW in the Inline table

2b - would it be possible to make the NEW button in the inline table disappear after a first analysis was created? Because after first one was created, I wanted to only be able to create new analysis by VERSIONING the old one, by using an action button from inside it.

2c - what would be the correct way to increase version number, when you make a new version of the current analysis, through an action button? I tried some methods like adding +1 to the cell in an action, it did not work.

0 1 332
1 REPLY 1
Top Labels in this Space