I get a lot of resistance from users when ins...

I get a lot of resistance from users when installing the app on their phones. Their main concern is that Appsheet wants access to their Google Docs.

I realize that it is only to capture their email address and, of course, their spreadsheet if they want to create their own Appsheet app. However, itโ€™s a struggle just to convince them that itโ€™s safe to install my app, particularly when Google sign in info and details state:

"AppSheet wants to access your Google Account This will allow AppSheet to:

View and manage the files in your Google DriveMore info

View your email addressesMore info

View and manage your spreadsheets in Google Drive"

and when clicking the info icon they getโ€ฆ

โ€œUpload, download, update, and delete files in your Google Drive Create, access, update, and delete native Google documents in your Google Drive Manage files and documents in your Google Drive (e.g., search, organize, and modify permissions and other metadata, such as title)โ€

I know there are about 5 other authorized ways to sign in, but unfortunately, most people donโ€™t have an account with any of those other platforms.

Although I understand that personal data security is a concern today, with the Google warnings, I find it very difficult to get anyone to install my app. What is the best way to address my usersโ€™ uneasiness about installing an Appsheet app on their mobile device? Is there other way to authorize use (other than making the app public)? I heard Santiago speak briefly about something called light authentication on your security video. Does anyone have information on this feature?

1 17 772
17 REPLIES 17
Top Labels in this Space