I have an action button which changes a data ...

I have an action button which changes a data value which triggers a workflow that sends an email.

The email body includes 3 parts.

Part 1 at the beginning of the mail is just simple data value from the row of the table. Part 2 is a fairly complex formula meant to show non-zero data, and not show extraneous zeroes. I do a Start expression over one table, and have a big IF() expression that checks if the SUM() of a SELECT() expression is zero, and displays it if nonzero. The SELECT() expression has some conditional arguments in it which were giving me trouble in another post I made, which I never got a good reply on, but did end up getting it to work finally. Part 3 at the bottom of the mail are some totals value, also simple values from the row of the table.

When I click the action button, the email gets sent with Part 1 and Part 3 displaying correctly, and a blank space in between. If I go to the workflow rule in the editor, click the Test button, then click the Send button, the email gets sent with ALL parts properly shown. I do not understand what could be the difference here.

Through some experimenting, Iโ€™ve found that it is due to the conditional arguments in the SELECT() expression. But how would these arguments be any different from clicking the action button, versus the Test button? They are pretty simple arguments: the value of a column in the SELECT table matching a string, and the value of another column matching the value of the specific row from the Start expression record.

0 5 1,035
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space