Input Function to Add Rows to Join Table

I know that the INPUT() function is still in beta mode, but could not find any posts or documentation that addresses using this functionality to add rows in a Join table.

Let's say I have three tables, TableA, TableB, and TableAB. I would like to add an action for TableA that lets me select multiple rows (i.e. bulk selection) and then brings up a popup (input) for allowing me to select a single record in TableB to then add the rows from TableA with the selection in TableB to TableAB. So the end goal being if I have 5 rows selected in TableA and the one selection in TableB it would result in 5 entries in TableAB.

Is INPUT() even the right way to get this accomplished or is there an alternate better solution?

Solved Solved
1 7 381
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can do this, and INPUT certainly helps one part, but it's not the primary actor. Something like:

1. Create a flagging action on tableA, to run on all bulk-selected records, that sets a value to some column in order for those records to be identified later via expression.
  2. Create the INPUT() action on tableA to set the value to a column on a single tableA record, to choose the tableB record. You'd run this action only on a single tableA record, not from bulk-select.
  3. Set up a Bot, or a grouped action to generate the tableC records from each of the flagged tableA records, using the single selected tableB value. Either can be set to run automatically after #2.

You could easily replace the INPUT action with just sending the user to a form view to gather the tableB input.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space