Inventory tracking various locations

I’m trying to create an app to track stock items through various “locations” in our workflow. I downloaded and tweaked some of the sample inventory apps but can’t get this desired functionality to work. Here’s what a typical inventory workflow would look like:

100 boxes of bristles received from Vendor and added to Connex Inventory.
50 boxes signed out from Connex Inventory and added to Garage Inventory.
10 boxes signed out from Garage Inventory and added to Truck 88 Inventory.
5 boxes signed out from Truck 88 Inventory and installed on Sweeper A.

I want to be able to look up current inventory at each “location” (Connex, Garage, Truck). Based on example above, the totals should be:

Connex Inventory: 50
Garage Inventory: 40
Truck 88 Inventory: 5

I’ve had no luck getting this to work and I’m not sure if it’s a matter of how my app is set up (need more/better tables) or if I haven’t found the right expressions.

My app currently has 2 tables - Items and Inventory. The Items Table is the master list of all inventory items, and the Inventory Table is capturing all the transactions. The tables have the following columns:

Items Table: [item id], [name], [description], [initial stock], [restock alert].

Inventory Table: [item id (ref column)], [name], [description], [from location], [to location], [amount].

Is this possible with just the 2 tables I have or do I need to rethink my structure? Or can this be accomplished with the right expression? Any guidance is appreciated!

1 20 2,138
20 REPLIES 20
Top Labels in this Space