Is it possible to preview the email before it is sent?

THTH1

Hello AppSheet Community,

I discovered a lot of features I was interested in. Such as the Email Body Template.

Now, I have finished to write all templates. Is it possible to preview it in a question before sending it ? (instead of “Voir la proposition ici” in the screenshot.

I though of a CONCATENATE formula in the description of the question but I think it is not the right way.

If we choose “Yes”, it will be sent when the form is saved. If no, it will be saved in our Gmail Draft.

Wishing you a great Sunday,
Best regards,
Arnaud

Solved Solved
0 12 948
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No.

AppSheet can send emails from a template, but not create drafts. There is an option to start a new email from an action button, but that would not use the template.

You could send a copy to only yourself if you want to preview the email. Perhaps you could use a formula for the TO: Email, that only sends it to you when you choose Preview.

That, or have two copies of the workflow, and set the IF THIS IS TRUE conditions to only fire one workflow or the other depending on the “Preview” option you select.

I kind of like the idea of a workflow email template being able to create a draft. You may want to submit a feature request for it.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Top Labels in this Space