Is there a way to define Variables and Constants and use them like old fashion program languages?

For example, I want to copy a value from a field of the table and save it for later use in another part of the APP for reference or computation?

0 3 1,088
3 REPLIES 3

Hmmโ€ฆ not sure I see how a Virtual Column and Derefs donโ€™t do the same thing? VCโ€™s are basically places to store calculated variables ??

The first goal is I want to create a simple but specific calculator with my formulas. I just want to enter one value and the app can pick up defaults I define in a table. The result will show on the app, BUT I donโ€™t need to save the results so I donโ€™t want the โ€œCancelโ€ and โ€œSaveโ€ buttons.

Right now, I only how to open a table with the form view and use formulas in behaviors and initial value hardcode in the view to do this. I can get a result dynamically but the form view defaults to have a โ€œCancelโ€ and โ€œSaveโ€ buttons. If I make the table read-only then I cannot see the dynamic changes of the result when I change the values of other โ€œfieldโ€
There are more choice on below the window but I think the current screen capture should suffice.

AppSheet really isnโ€™t intended for ephemeral data use cases. Any approach to your problem in AppSheet will involve storing data in tables and the corresponding network traffic.

Top Labels in this Space