Iterating a comparison and look up over a list for Forum Mentions

Not quite sure of the syntax or paradigm of doing this:

I have a forum table which allows several mention identifiers based on user data, eg, @Tom, @TomSmith, @Smith, @TomsGamerHandle, etc. (Yes, Smith is not a great identifier, but for the sake of argumentโ€ฆ). What I have tried to do is the following:

-Extract Mentions from the forum post into a v col list in the Forum Table.
-Created a v col in the User table that is a list of all possible mention identifiers for a particular user (For Tom, it would be all of the above plus โ€œchannelโ€, Tomโ€™s email, etc)

To allow a user to see their mentions on their โ€œhomeโ€ page, I think what I need to do is create a v col of type list that is the intersection of Tomโ€™s mention identifiers with the mention list column from the forum table in which his identifiers appear. OR, the Forum table needs a v col which extracts mentions from a post and then creates a list of email addresses (the User table key) relating to those mentions which could just be compared to oneโ€™s own email address, and creates a list which could be displayed with an INLINE view. But I am not sure how to go about this. And maybe thereโ€™s a simpler wayโ€“just not seeing it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

0 3 255
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space