Limiting results on filtered dashboard

This is for a score tracking app I've been working on...

Currently have a three-pane filtered dashboard.  Below is a brief description of what each contains.  The average at the bottom of the left pane was recently added, and is doing what it says.  The problem I've found is that I don't want an average of ALL data, as the most recent X items is a better indicator.  

Thinking about how do make this better...   would it be possible to add another filter on the left to indicate how many items to average?   Not sure if this is hard/easy, but thought it may be worth asking the crowd before jumping off a cliff.   Any suuggest?

- Left:  4 enum-list filters, text box containing the average of data in center pane.
- Center:  card view of data shown based on filter criteria (4 csv numbers:  "1,3,5,7")
- Right: Graph of 4 numbers from center pane

jeffminder_1-1697410658642.png

Solved Solved
0 6 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Slightly different approach is now working!
Have access to [date] as a field in this row.  Being able to use a slider (daysAgo) to give data this far back works after adding the 5th If-statement.

AND(
       if(isnotblank(EFilter[BLDG]), in([BLDG], EFilter[BLDG]), True),
       if(isnotblank(EFilter[Floor]), in([Floor], EFilter[Floor]), True),
       if(isnotblank(EFilter[City]), in([City], EFilter[City]), True),
       if(isnotblank(EFilter[Other]), in([Other], EFilter[Other]), True),
       if(isnotblank(EFilter[daysAgo]),
         TotalHours(Today()-[Date])/24 < Max(EFilter[daysAgo]),True)
   )

Also interested in the possibility of using  _rowNumber to filter items, but that's a function of the parent of the slice, which has many rows I'm not interested in.   If I were to apply calculations such as _rownumber - X, how would you have any idea what would be returned?  Not against the (x-rows) approach, just don't fully understand how it would be evaluated.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Top Labels in this Space