List multiple column entries from parent table, based on key referenced by child table

Hi,

This is an app for detailing points in racket sports. I have a parent table for entering ‘Match’ level details into the ‘Match’ table. For every ‘Match’, there are multiple points which are populated in the ‘Points’ table.

In the ‘Match’ form, I input details of ‘You’,‘Partner’,'opponent1,‘opponent2’, all of which are populated in their own columns in the ‘Match table’. The child table ‘Points’ has columns of ‘Server’ and ‘Receiver’, for which I want to create buttons options from the multiple columns ‘You’,‘Partner’,'opponent1,‘opponent2’ of the specific ‘Match’ row of the parent ‘Match’ table.

Could you please advise a formula which I can enter in the ‘Server’ and ‘receiver’ child table columns, in order to make a list from the 4 columns of the parent ‘Match’.

I have explored various topics in the help section including column constraints but was not able to retrieve a list fro multiple columns. I was only able to retrieve 1 column for the key from the relevant parent table row by using:

Entered in the ‘server’ column of the child table:
select(Match[Opponent1], ([Key]=[_Thisrow].[Tourney]))
The above gives me just the value of the relevant ‘opponent’ column entry.

However I want to create a list for Match[You],Match[Partner],Match[opponent1],Match[opponent2], for the specific key of ‘Match’ table referenced by the ‘Tourney’ column of the current row in the ‘Points’ table.

0 2 435
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space