Lookup values on one table and update value in another if contition is true

Hi,

Wondering if someone could suggest the best way to accomplish the following.

I have a Projects table and a Tasks table. Projects table references the Tasks table and each project has multiple tasks. Both, the Projects and Tasks tables have a Status column to track the status. I would like the Project Status column to be automatically updated with โ€œCompletedโ€ when all tasks have been marked โ€œCompletedโ€.

Would some sort of a lookup function work for this? Also, could this be done by placing an expression in the Formula field under Data -->Project Table โ†’ View Columns?

Solved Solved
0 13 1,110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For step 2, I request you to read my suggestion throughly in all previous posts. Please use the reference type column in the Onboarding Tasks table with list , not the reverse reference list column in the Drive Onboarding table. I have shown that in the example screenshot shared wherein the reference (ref) type column [Parent] in the child table is highlighted for use in the referenced rows expression by wrapping with list.

Also as requested please do the following needful

Also please note that the syntax you have used for Referenced rows expression is incorrect. the column name needs to be included like LIST([Column Name]) and not LIST(Column Name) I request you to pay attention to the syntax part as well.

Edit: or if it is a list column itself then the expression can be a simple [Column Name] It need not be further wrapped by a LIST()

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space