Many to many relationships & refs

Hello all,

So this year I am making a brand new app for our clients to use. This will have information on it about plants, their pests, how to harvest, etc.

Right now I am trying to set up some refs between the tables so that clients can easily navigate between associated information. For example, if they are on the Kale plant information detail view, I would like them to see refs in that view to kale pests, kale harvest info, kale recipes, etc.

Obviously, I have different spreadsheets for Plant information, Bug Information, Harvest Info, Recipes, etc.

Right now, in the Bug Info spreadsheet, I have a column titled [Plants Affected]. In each row is a list of plant families that are effect by the bug. There are mulitple plants within each plant family. And each bug affects multiple plant families. I would like to tell appsheet that if they find a plant family WITHIN this list, to form a ref to the plants that are in that plant family. In other words, I donโ€™t want to have to give a new column to each plant family that is affected by the bugs because it would just be too long.

I have experimented with all sorts of virtual column expressions like SELECT, IFS, EXTRACT, etc., but my feeble brain canโ€™t figure it out.

Also, just to make things more complicated, the plant [Family] is NOT the key in the Plant Information spreadsheet. The key is the [Plant]. So this whole thing will probably need to involve some derefs or somethingโ€ฆ

Happy to share more info. The main thing that is confusing me is the fact that there are many plant families listed within the same cell, and I am asking appsheet to separate them all out and form those info refs.

Many thanks!
Miranda

0 36 2,398
36 REPLIES 36
Top Labels in this Space