Mirroring Virtual Column in Spreadsheet Column

I am looking to mirror the data of a virtual column into a spreadsheet column. I have reached out to several members here who have been helpful but I still cannot get it to work. The app is a simple inventory app with 3 tables in the database (Products, Stock In, Stock Out). There is a virtual column (Current Stock) in the Products table that calculates current stock based on initial stock and 2 forms (Stock In, Stock Out) where the user inputs the barcode and a quantity. The Products tableโ€™s columns are Product, color, length, barcode, etc. The Current Stock calculated by the virtual column shows up in the app but Iโ€™d like to have a column on the Products table with the same data. Things Iโ€™ve tried:

1. adding a column to the spreadsheet (called In stock now), regenerating structure, under Formula for that column adding = [Current Stock]

2. creating an action

Action name: set current stock
For a record of this table: Products
Do this: data: set the values of some columns in this row
Set these columns: In stock now = [Current Stock]

the problem with this approach is the action can only be added to the Products view under Behavior/Event Actions/Row Selected. It works in this case, it fires off and copies the data when a row is selected but the intent is to have it fire off after the user hits โ€œSaveโ€ when they Add or Remove stock through the Stock In or Stock Out views. However, the โ€œSet Current Stockโ€ action is not visible under Behavior in those views as the data is on a different table (the Products table). Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

0 15 2,593
15 REPLIES 15
Top Labels in this Space