Multiple products associated with multiple projects (and vice versa)

I have a Products table that I need to select multiple projects. I also have a Projects table that contains details of projects that I also need to be able to list all of the products associated with a particular Project. I added a EnumList column to the Products table that is a base type of Text with a Valid If clause of โ€œProjects[Project Name]โ€. This allows me to select multiple projects that the product is associated with. What Iโ€™m unable to do is list all the associated products when viewing a project from the Projects table. I created a virtual column in the Projects table called โ€œRelated Productsโ€ as a List type with a Ref element type referencing the Products table. The column has a App Formula of โ€œSELECT(Products[Product Name], IN([Project Name], Products[Projects]))โ€ in an attempt (failed attempt) to try to show all the products from the Products table that have the Project Name for the specific project record.

What am I missing? Do I need to create an intermediary table that links the tables together? Seems like a many-to-many relationship but Iโ€™m not clear how to set this up to accomplish what Iโ€™m trying to accomplish.

Any help please? Thanks!

0 2 179
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space