Need [Pick Month] VC to Enum only the Months found in [Month]

Howdy!
I am building a Bookkeeping App and I need to set up a way for User to Pick which Year & Month that they want to view data for, but I only want Enum choices for Months or Years that are recorded in the DB.
I have Virtual Columns [Pick Year VC] & [Pick Month VC], I need a formula that looks at the Year & Month recorded in each Row, and then give User Enum choices of only Years & Months found. I know that I can set up a VC Enum and input all of the Months as choices, but if itโ€™s only March, I donโ€™t need to see April through December of this year. BUT, if User wants to see last year, then they should have all Months as choices for [Pick Month].
My thought is to set up a Dashboard, with one View of โ€œChoose Rangeโ€ which will only ask User to [Pick Year VC] & [Pick Month VC]. These results would be used in the Filters for my Income & Expense Table, and for my Expense chart.
Sorry if this is confusing, itโ€™s hurting my brain to figure out how to smoothly and on the fly pick the range of data to be displayed.
This App was going great until I remembered that it needs to work for many years, not just this one! Haha! Than you very much!!

0 5 748
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space