Need help understanding the usage of the "force sync" parameter

My use case is an action button that navigates to another app using LINKTOVIEW().

Navigation works beautifully and when exercising the button in the editor a Sync is even is performed when transitioning to the second app. Perfect! Exactly what I want.

However, when testing from the browser or a mobile device, the Sync is NOT performed. So, I need to introduce a forced Sync.

The widely published way to force a Sync is to add this parameter to the navigation link:

..."&at=", ENCODEURL(NOW()+1)

Using a CONCATENATE() to add the force Sync, my expression looks like this:

CONCATENATE(LINKTOVIEW(ANY(SELECT(Apps[Return View], [App ID] = [_THISROW].[App ID])), [App ID]),  "&at=", ENCODEURL(NOW()+1))

This results in the link text looking like that in the image below:

Looks good to me and works great from the editor! However, when the button is tapped from either a browser view or a mobile device - no Sync is performed!!

I did try replacing โ€œ&atโ€ with โ€œ#atโ€. A Sync IS performed. On the browser the Sync is performed TWICE then navigates to the refreshed app as expected. On a mobile device, a Sync IS performed and it looks like the app is opening refreshed but then it immediately goes to a blank white screen. I have to close AppSheet completely and re-open to recover.

What am I missing to get the navigation to perform a Sync?

1 20 908
20 REPLIES 20
Top Labels in this Space