Need help updating a table from another table with automation

Hello,

I have an app with 2 tables, Owners and Pets. Each table has a Status column, Status and Pet Status respectively. The Pets table references the Owners table, i.e. each Owner can have one or more pets, and this reference is set to IsPartOf, so that from the Owners form view I see all of the registered pets and if I delete an Owner, the Pets should be deleted as well.

What Iโ€™m trying to do is, if I update the Pet Status for a particular Pet in the Pets table, I then need to also update the Status for the owner. (It canโ€™t be the other way around as there may be multiple pets with different statusโ€™ so the Owner status must follow the active pet status.) However, I cannot find a way to do this. I setup an Event that triggers when the Pet Status is updated, then I know I need to create a Bot that contains a Process and probably some tasks, but Iโ€™m not sure how to go about doing this in a way that will allow me to update the Ownerโ€™s Status for a pet. I created a virtual column on the Pet table that references the Owner Status, but I cannot make it editable, it shows up as read only, and any drop down to set this to a value wonโ€™t show virtual columns.

Can someone help? Is there I way I can contact developer support at appsheet? Iโ€™m paying for this after all and it seems like there is absolutely no support, and Iโ€™m getting rather frustrated.

Thanks.

0 8 1,368
8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space