Need some serious design help. Sorry this is...

Need some serious design help.

Sorry this is gonna be long.

I maintain a registry for people needing shelter during an evacuation.

I am in the process of moving the registry from one system to smartsheet and have created an online form using Formstack that integrates beautifully.

What Iโ€™m trying to do with appsheet is create very user friendly apps for different areas:

Outbound Callers - calling registrants to see if they plan to evacuate, need transportation, and verify address info Transportation - list of everyone called that needs transport, with transport status update Shelter locations - ability to check in/out

Currently I have everything in one master sheet.

I started to get concerned when I saw the sheet limits - max 5000 rows.

While we currently only have 2000 registered I donโ€™t want to run into issues later.

So my thought was to create a different sheet based on shelter location.

This sheet would contain all the registrants demographic info.

I have many many columns dedicated to the callers, transp, shelter checkin, and then vlaues and counts based on checked in status.

I am wondering if itโ€™s better to have each of these on different sheets, with references back to the main registrant sheet.

Is this necessary for the appsheet design?

Am I looking a different apps for each area or can you assign permissions based on the view?

I would also like to incorporate barcoding for faster check in/out.

Is it possible to setup a behavior (or group of actions) that will auto date/time stamp check when barcode scanned and then another behavior to auto date/time stamp check out when barcode scanned again?

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

0 24 779
24 REPLIES 24
Top Labels in this Space