New Bug Encountered: Editing the image column results in column type changing back to text

I noticed if I edit the appformula in an image column (which contains SVG code) and then Save, the column type changes to TEXT. This means before I try and sync, I need to remember to change the column type back to Image before I sync the app. Can be very annoyingโ€ฆ obviously, I keep forgetting this, but it means two steps each time.

Solved Solved
2 11 638
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The column change should be live now but let me know if you run into the issue again.

As for the SVG type suggestion, I personally found what Jonathan and you did really clever and I could see lots of potential applications, such as custom graphs, progress bars, animations etc. My thoughts are that it would be fairly limited to power-users like you two unless we also find a way to simplify the creation process (even if itโ€™s just pointing to a 3rd party SVG creator like this) and integrate better with our views. I could see adding an SVG/HTML type as a good step because messing with long strings is overly challenging but weโ€™ll also have to work through these other challenges before itโ€™s ready for broader use.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space