New row action

Hi! I’d like to ask if there is any documentation about the following kind of action:

2X_a_a1542a83009faaa7178d48a369ed0de9c91c24dd.png

To avoid asking a stupid question that has already been answered, I’ve tried to look through the documentation on actions but wasn’t able to find an explanation that dealt specifically with “Add a new row to this table (not a row-level action)”. Unless I’m mistaken, there doesn’t seem to be a documentation page that functions as an index to each type of action. I looked at

but couldn’t find a reference to this action there.

By the way, the relationship between actions mentioned there and the names for the action that we see in our editing interface could be better. For example,

3] Copy row
Copies the current row and opens it in a form view.

sounds like LINKTOVIEW but one might also imagine it to be a reference to

2X_d_d65babafbd7480670f49ae6a46153d64fa9572d0.png

which is another action for which a clear explanation would be helpful.

I think the lack of consistency in terminology and a straightforward index of actions that matches what we see in the editor are important documentation issues.

My interest in actions that make new rows stems from my desire to build an action that transfers data from one table to another.

I’ve found some explanations about how to do this. For example, @Phil has the following article about how to use a Webhook and the API to copy newly added records from one table to another:

On my app, however, I think I’d like to avoid external integrations and API because I’d like my app to be a prototype that anyone can copy and use for free right out of the box, so to speak.

Another important bit of information I’ve found is about LINKTOFORM:

I think LINKTOFORM is what I’ll wind up using in my app. There seem to be some webinars about LINKTOFORM on YouTube

and one of them took me to this sample app:

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-link-to-a-form-and-fill-in-default-values?app...

So, that’s what I’ve been able to find so far. I realize that “Add a new row to this table (not a row-level action)” is probably not what I want, but I’d be curious to learn more about this action – how it is intended to be used and how it is different from or related to the row-adding options I have mentioned above. Thanks in advance!

1 26 2,439
26 REPLIES 26
Top Labels in this Space