New vs old view in browser version

Hi folks

I've contacted support about this but I got what is becoming an unpleasantly familiar succession of vague suggestions. 

My client is struggling to get the 'modern' view of the browser-based view of the apps - they are across a range of Windows machines and android phones, and some users even report the 'old' view on a phone.  When I say 'old' view I mean the labels with clunky labels on the left of the screen, rather than the cleaner view along the bottom of the screen. 

We have tried various browsers, all with clean caches, re-generating the browser view url, etc etc. Appsheet has recommended "In the AppSheet editor, navigate to the "UX" section for your app. Look for settings related to the user interface, such as layout, view types, and label placements. Ensure that these settings are configured correctly", which is completely vague and useless. There is nowhere that mentions an old view vs a new view, unless I'm missing something.  The setting for the labels along the bottom is locked in. 

Client are getting increasingly frustrated with this, and it's embarrassing not being able to provide clear guidance beyond 'have you tried clearing your cache' and 'incognito browsers'... 

Any help appreacited, as always...

Cheers, Chris 

Solved Solved
0 12 306
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's this option. It seems you have that option set as ON. Change it to OFF and it will show the legacy view style. 

AleksiAlkio_0-1711396378166.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

By any chance.. are you able to take a printscreen?

If you mean the new UX desktop view, that you can set ON/OFF from Editor > Settings

Hi Aleksi

The view the user gets is this - I can't show the content of the app as it's client info. 

Chris_Bean1_0-1711392062814.png

In terms of Settings/Views, I get this but I can't find a toggle anywhere for old vs new? 

Chris_Bean1_1-1711392141049.png

It's this option. It seems you have that option set as ON. Change it to OFF and it will show the legacy view style. 

AleksiAlkio_0-1711396378166.png

Right - so legacy view is the more modern view? To be clear, I want the labels along the bottom, not along the left-hand side of the screen. 

With the legacy (OFF) it shows primary buttons on the bottom.

Ok thank you. I've switched it off, let's see what happens... Do the users need to clear cache cookies etc? 

Refreshing the browser and sync should be enought to get the latest version.

They have replied and that seems to have worked, thank you! 

Excellent!

DP_Vargas_0-1711394530731.png

Nรฃo consegue visualizar este olho no canto superior direito?
Ou estรก se referindo a web view?

DP_Vargas_1-1711394673409.png

Olรก, quero o Web view, como pode ver lรก no screenshot.  O cliente nรฃo ve o editor...

Man, eu nรฃo to entendendo exatamente o que vocรช quer. Quando o aplicativo รฉ aberto no navegador, no computador, os icones aparecem no canto esquerdo por padrรฃo, mas se vc quiser voce pode desativar isso e o aplicativo vai ficar igual no celular porem em tela grande (eu particulamente nรฃo gosto). Mas รฉ isso o que vc quer? O usuรกrio nรฃo abre o editor, a nao ser que voce de permissรฃo para isso, porem nรฃo ha como acessar o editor direto pelo app. a nรฃo ser que vc crie uma aรงรฃo para isso.

Top Labels in this Space