Newb - Questions for a Gross Profit Sales Calculator

I am making an app to calculate the GP (Gross Profit) in each sale for a Mattress Store. So that my sales team can quickly calculate the amount of profit in a sale.

Iโ€™m using the form format so users can choose a product from a series of dropdowns which eventually leads the user to an RRP (Recommended Retail Price).

Once the RRP has been discovered, I have a โ€œDiscount Methodโ€ Column which gives the user 3 choices (Percentage, $$ Amount, None)

I have a few of questions;
1/ How do I create dependant dropdowns so that if the user selects โ€˜Percentageโ€™ then they can input only a percentage in the next field. Alternately if they select $$ Amount they can only enter a dollar amount in the next field?
2/ Once the user has entered the discount by either percentage or dollar amount, how do I get the app to return an answer?
3/ How do I set up the formulas that calculate the difference between the sale/discounted price & the cost of the sale (sales tax, Visa Card Fees, Finance Charges, cost of goods).

The final result I am looking for is that if the sales calculation returns a GP (Gross Profit) lower than 40% the numbers go red, between 41-44% they are orange and 45% and above the numbers go green.

0 5 627
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space