Ok. I give. I've been trying to figure this o...

Ok. I give. I’ve been trying to figure this out for over a month and I feel like it should be something that’s “easy”/already in AppSheet that I’m missing:

I want to archive past records based on a date in a column. ([DATE OF APPOINTMENT] is over 7 days old)

I want to archive, not delete. (I have a second tab called ARCHIVE to which I’d like to save past appointments.

The [rownumber] being part of the KEY seems to screw everything up when I try to do it manually (duplicates records because I assume it’s assigning a new KEY based on the past rows being deleted and everything moving up). I tried changing the KEY but then it wouldn’t save any new info (again, assuming the app couldn’t find the record for some reason?)

In any case, I’m guessing everyone has to get rid of the old records so as to not bog down the system, but I just can’t figure it out. (I’ve messed around with Google Scripts, but haven’t been able to find one that works for me)

I want this to happen automatically, like a time-based trigger, but I’m still kind of stumped by the row number/key and how that affects the records with dates that aren’t in the past if rows are deleted?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

0 14 1,330
14 REPLIES 14
Top Labels in this Space