Operations on tables: I have a small problem...

Operations on tables:

I have a small problem on limiting who can make modifications to a table in AppSheet. The thing is, we have a sheet (Google Drive) with all of our users and the different roles they have (for instance, “manager” or “production”). I’ve then created a slice for all users who have the “production” role. The filter for the slice is therefore [Production employee] = “Yes”. This seems to work without problems

The issue is, that I’ve made it so only users who are a part of this slice can add and update to a table - The rest is read-only. This works fine for me; when I have the production role I can add and update, and when I don’t, I can’t. However, another user of the app cannot add or update to the table even though she has the role, and we seriously cannot figure out why. We’ve cleared browser cache, browser data, tried it in another browser, removed her from the app and invited her again, but none of it works. It just says that the table does not allow the operation as if she doesn’t meet the requirement for adding/updating.

The filter on the table looks like this: IF(IN(USEREMAIL(),Production employees[G User]), ADDS_AND_UPDATES, READ_ONLY)

Does anyone have a suggestion?

0 13 507
13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space