Session (Table)
“Objective assignments Slice” (Slice) Sourced from table Objective assignments
Objective utilization (Table)

I have a view “Sessions”
For recording session information
It has a Key “Sessions ID”

A few columns of data that you entered data/time

and a Virtual Column that links to a slice called “Objective Assignments Slice”
This displays all Objectives for the client for whom I am recording the session.

I have an action assigned to this slice so that that when I click on an item from the list displayed in the session an action is triggered (LINKTOFORM(Objective utilization,columnname,value,columnname,value…)

Within that LINKTOFORM I can pass values from Objective Assignments Slice with no problem.

What I cannot figure out is how to pass the value for the Sessions ID from the main session view so that in the “Objective utilization” I can auto populate the Session ID along with all the other values I need.

It is the only one I cannot manage.

I cannot use MAXROW because I may need to edit the information after creating new ones.

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
1 9 1,365
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eureka,

I finally got a working solution. It has a few twist and turns but it works.

Step 1

Summary

Add a T/F column to the Sessions Table called “SessionActive”

Step 2

Summary

Create a series of actions for the Sessions Table
– Action 1 Set Value The column “SessionActive” to False
– Action 2 Search for all Rows in Sessions that have the Value True in the column SessionActive"
and then run Action 1 for the Results
– Action 3 Set Value The column “SessionActive” to True
– Action 4 Go to another View in this APP =LINKTOROW([_THISROW],“Session Details” )
– Action 5 Group of Actions I this Order: Action 2, Action 3, Action 5

Step 3

Summary

On my Sessions Deck View and Under Behavior – Events --Row Selected assign Action 5

Step 4

Summary

Create an Action for for the table “Assigned Objectives”
– Action 6 Go to another View in this APP =
LINKTOFORM(Objective Utilization_Form,
Objective Assignment, [Objective Assignment ID],
Session,(LOOKUP(
true,
“Sessions”,
“SessionActive”,
“Session ID”
)))

Step 5

Summary

Go the “Assigned Objectives” table view that I have and Under Behavior – Events --Row Selected assign Action 6

Now I can select a session

See the session details with a virtual column that list all of the Assigned objectives.

If I click one of those “Assigned objectives” A new form for “Objective Utilization” is opened up that already has the correct
“Session ID”, and “Assigned objectives ID”. I enter the rest of my data and click save.

I even added some logic so that when I save the “Objective Utilization” and return back to the Session Detail view that Assigned objective is no longer present on the Virtual Column list so all I see are the ones I have not yet done.

I just hope that this will work even when I am offline and that I am not going to slow the App down with all this.

Thanks to all those who reached out to help and let me know if I over complicated this.

For now I am going to make some tweaks and try it out on my phone.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space