Price calculations from an enumlist based on customer

Hello yet again I need your help. I want to know how can I get the total price based on the items selected and the client name. See example:

Client items total price Client Item list Price
A item 1, item 2 $30 A item 1 $10
A item 2 $20 A item 2 $20
A item 2, item 3 $50 A item 3 $30
A item 1 $10 B item 1 $50
A item 1, item 3 $40 B item 2 $60
A item 1, item 2, item 3 $60 B item 3 $70
B item 1, item 2 $110 C item 1 $100
B item 2 $60 C item 2 $200
B item 2, item 3 $130 C item 3 $300
B item 1 $50
C item 2, item 3 $500
C item 1 $100
C item 1, item 3 $400
C item 1, item 2, item 3 $600

the โ€œitemSโ€ column is an enumlist that is referenced from a different tab. Also is there a limit on the number of items that can be selected on the enum list?

Solved Solved
0 11 1,065
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh, I see. Yah, I thought you already had that part figured out since the data was already there. I completely misunderstood from the beginning.

Iโ€™m assuming that [Items] is NOT a Ref type column to the Products table? If so we can pull the appropriate total price with:

SUM( SELECT( Products[Price] , AND( IN( [Product] , [_THISROW].[Items] ) , [Client] = [_THISROW].[Client] ) ) )

And I have the following suggestion for a better way to set this all up, which would make this whole thing work a little bit better:

1. Add a UNIQUEID()-filled key column to your Products table, keep [Product] as the Label column.
  2. Set the [Items] column to be an EnumList type column, with base type of Ref, and pointing to Products table. Give it a valid_if expression of:

FILTER( Products , [client] = [_THISROW].[client]

1. When a user fills out the form for a Transaction record, they should select a client first.
  2. Then the [Items] will be a dropdown of only the Products available for that client.
  3. Then your total price expression will simply be:

SUM( [Items][Price] )

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space