Problem generating Email from GDocs Template

Hello,

I created an automation bot that generates an Email using a GDocs template for the body of the email. When I click on the "Preview Email" button

jrullan_0-1658320337445.png

I get this:

jrullan_1-1658320371261.png

Which is what I want.

However when the bot actually runs the email I receive looks like this:

jrullan_2-1658320414087.png

I don't understand why the preview shows the data correctly and the actual email doesn't. For context the Report uses a slice of just one Order, pre-selected elsewhere. 

jrullan_3-1658320644721.png

This is what the template looks like:

jrullan_4-1658320704693.png

Any suggestions are welcome!

Solved Solved
0 3 382
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I figured out what is happening. Still think there is a bug, but I found out a workaround. 

My Automation Bot is using an event that monitors a change in the table Control. However, the task is creating a report for data of the table Selected_Order, which is a slice of Orders.

jrullan_2-1658419834631.png

Control has a Ref to Orders in the column [Selected_Order_ID]. If I prepend [Selected_Order_ID] to the column of interest from the table Selected_Order, it works.

However, and this is where it gets interesting:

If the Preview Email does follow the Ref column ([Selected_Order_ID]) in Control, why does it need to have "[Selected_Order_ID]" prepended explicitly for the actual email to show the data correctly? 

This is the template that "works":

jrullan_0-1658419563340.png

So, I could assume there is a technical limitation that seems to be undocumented regarding the relationship between the event and the task in an Automation Bot, but I think this is more of a bug, since the Preview Email seems to follow the ref without problems. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space