Push notification versus broadcast: are they the same and some other questions

Mahesh

I am looking at how to push a notification to the app instance on user’s device when something notification-worthy happens. This would be sent over only to a set of user for whom this is relevant (and not to the entire body of users)

Reading different threads on this subject, I learnt the following:

1. Sounds like there is a mechanism via workflow and reports to send out notification to a set of emails.
  2. AppSheet will internally map emails to device tokens and send out these notification onto the user’s device, embedding, if one wants to, deep links into the app view.
  3. This is currently available only for Android users of the app that have not been white-labelled. In other words, iOS users of the app will not get notifications.
  4. If app has been white-labelled, one needs to use Firebase service for this notification

Please correct and comment on the points above.

Assuming what has been stated above is mostly correct, I have the following questions:
a. There is no sample app that demostrates this right now, Correct?
b. Is Push notification is referred to synonymously referred to as broadcast notification in AppSheet documentation?
c. For apps that do not need to restrict access to a specific list of users, there is not need for a user white-list. If the app requires “user sign-in” ( i.e. users who have signed with their gmail accounts to access the AppSheet app), will notification sent to such emails work or only to white-list emails?
d. Notification will be sent to device even when user is not logged into the app?

Thanks!

0 8 1,927
8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space