Require Confirmation Signature/Edit Contact Details

I have an AppSheet that allows our field personnel to record data from live individuals. The underlying Google Sheet workbook has a sheet for the data recorded in the field and an ID Key sheet that contains all of the participants contact info. The sheets are linked by an ID# in each sheet.

At the beginning of the AppSheet process, our personnel select the participant from a drop down. The participants data is then concatenated into a Page_Header. Our personnel then turn their iPads around and ask the participant to confirm the data by signing into a signature block. The step I am trying eliminate is thisโ€ฆ if the data is incorrect, we have to discard the record that was started and go into another view to edit the participant data. Is there a way to have an icon that would automate that edit process, perhaps even drop you back into the dataentry view where we left off?

Anyoneโ€™s help is very graciously appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 43 2,666
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Daryl_Zernick
I have edited your app and created the functionality that you have requested. If you open the app in your editor, you will notice that I have created 3 (three) actions:

Master Table

Update Client Now: This is a simple `LINKTOROW([ID],"IDKey_Form")` deep link
Reset IDKeyEdit: This will work in conjunction with the action set under IDKey Table, to reset the IDKeyEdit column

IDKey Table

Update Master Records: This is an action executed on a set of rows, where any user/client have a Master record where [IDKeyEdit] is set to TRUE, you can reset them whilst saving the user/client record after you have edited their record.

I have tested it and it works as expected. Please check the app and inform me if itโ€™s OK and the solution suits your needs.

How It Works

Just create a Master record, mark [IDKeyEdit] as Y and save the record. It will pop-up a confirmation message and take you to the IDKey record for editing the information. When you edit and save the IDKey record, it will pop-up another confirmation message to reset the IDKeyEdit column to N in the all the related Master records.

Regards,

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

@Daryl_Zernick
I have initialized AppSheet API in your TestDummy3 app, disabled your AddCDates workflow and added a new webhook workflow and named it AddCDates_API. Itโ€™s in action now and you are free to test.

Basically, when you add or update a Master table record where [NextAppDate is not blank, it will trigger this workflow and record a โ€œUsedโ€ value where key column value in AvailCDates table is equal to the value of [NextAppDate] column in Master table.

@LeventK It does not appear to be working, but if it requires something to be read on the internet versus locally on the userโ€™s iPad, then it would not be a solution we could consider. Again, thank you for your help as ALWAYS!

@Daryl_Zernick
Whatโ€™s your account type? Is it PRO?

It is Premium

Top Labels in this Space