Reset on Edit: Inconsistent or unexpected behaviour

kay_b

Hi fellow members,

One of my workflow has started producing altered/unexpected output. Need help in either identifying my error in understanding or else a solution for the desired output.

For one of my tables (GRN), I have an action button to trigger an email workflow. The workflow runs fine, however it ends up resetting 2 columns which have โ€œreset on editโ€ update behaviour. I only want to reset the 2 columns when user opens an edit form. P.S. I have referred to the trick on using a change type column to avoid reset due to workflow, but that only addresses the problem partially.

Details on Unexpected behaviour:

Mail action: sets mail trigger from 0 (initial value) to 1 and triggers a mail workflow. The workflow sends out an email and resets the mail trigger to 2.

Inconsistent behaviour: when mail trigger column updates from 0 to 1 (via action button), the two โ€œreset on editโ€ columns - call them A and B donโ€™t get reset (thatโ€™s good). However, when the workflow resets the mail trigger column to value 2 from value 1, the two columns A and B get reset (unexpected and inconsistent with previous behaviour).

Reset on edit conditions for column A and B: [change]<>now()
โ€œChangeโ€ column - a change timestamp column for column โ€œMail triggerโ€

Any help would be highly appreciated. I have tried many workarounds but not succeeded.

0 4 145
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space