Reset on Editing

tvinci

Hello,

I am creating a driving dispatch app from scratch using AppSheet. When a driver arrives to a destination, they have to answer a few questions then indicate whether the shift is over. If the shift is over I would like all the questions they answered for every destination they visited during that shift to be reset. I tried playing with the Reset on Edit formula but nothing worked. I also tried playing with data slices but couldnโ€™t find a solution. If any admins would like to look at the app it is Clipboard 0.3.0. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 36 2,147
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This message means the Name column has been set as the Key column in the table. This is where the ID columns come in that I mentioned before.

If you do have an ID column, go into the table and make sure that column has been set as the key.

If you do not have an ID column, add it into the sheet, manually assign values 1,2,3,4,5, etc for any rows that are already there, then in the app go to that tables columns list and hit the โ€œRegenerateโ€ button. That will pull the ID column into the app. I would also set the Initial Value of that ID = โ€œUniqueID()โ€ to automatically assign ID values for any new rows added.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Top Labels in this Space