Reviving the terminally beta Snapshot feature

Hi All,

I’m currently working to revive the Snapshot function and make it a stable production feature. The original purpose of this function was to put chart images into reports generated by Scheduled Report workflows. The Snapshot function would be used in the template usually with a deeplink passed in as a parameter. The function would then take the html for the chart and convert it to an image which would then be embedded in the pdf report, or anything using templating. The previous implementation had many issues which prevented it from reaching full production. We are now in the process of reviving this feature and have identified a better method for building a stable feature.

Currently the majority of our use cases include generating reports which require charts and internal maps like building maps. Here I want to the poll the community on any other capabilities snapshot could support, and how long lived the images should be, as in they are only needed for report generation and can be discarded after or otherwise. So far I have assumed temporary, but I would appreciate feedback on this as well as any other feedback that would be pertinent.

Thanks,
Josh
Appsheet Team

2 13 948
13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space