SVG thumbnails in browsers look terrible

Hi!  I think this is a bug in the AppSheet platform but I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing this:

Safari:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.55.11.png

Chrome (on a mac)

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.47.01.png

This is a new issue.  I'm pretty sure something has been changed on the AppSheet side.  Anyone else experiencing this?

By the way, the thumbnails look fine on an iPhone.

Solved Solved
2 9 570
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

9 REPLIES 9

There are some sporadic posts reporting this in different scenarios in the last 3-4 weeks. 

Solved: SVG Rendering Issues in iPhone ? - Google Cloud Community

Image Thumbnail Quality - Google Cloud Community

Re: SAMPLE APP: Custom SVG App Icons - Page 4 - Google Cloud Community     ( Second last post in this thread)

Thanks!  I was aware of the first one you shared, but thought this was a different issue.  The second one didn't mention SVG images so I didn't notice it.  The third one is a comment that I had read but failed to find when I searched for relevant comments today.  Thanks!

You are welcome. I just collated all together so that in case it needs to be brought to the attention of the Google AppSheet developer team, we have related details available at one place.  Maybe there is a common underlying issue behind all posts.

I am also working more with SVGs of late and even though I have not come across the issue so far, I am also concerned, in case it becomes more wide spread. Thank you for raising this.

Thumbnails are fine on browser when viewed inside editor:
Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 12.37.23.png

It's only the desktop mode in which I see the problem.

Magically working again on both Safari and Chrome (this screenshot is from Chrome).  Mysterious.  Is anyone at AppSheet doing anything that might account for the problems and their rectification?

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 9.13.27.png

See today's release notes: April 4, 2023 - Google Cloud Community

@Kirk_Masden Not on SVG image, but I have noticed the image column was broken on new desktop UX, but it was also obviously fixed thanks to this recent changes. (The  bug I saw was the exclamation mark was displayed for the image column where the value is empty.)

I also noticed that the GIF file is now rendered as dynamic image (it used to be static image, when we upload to image column). This is good one.

@takuya_miyai 

@Koichi_Tsuji wrote:

I also noticed that the GIF file is now rendered as dynamic image (it used to be static image, when we upload to image column). This is good one.

Very good indeed!  I learned to use GIF files in AppSheet from you but the process of uploading them to Google drive was a little bit time consuming.  I'm looking forward to testing this.  🙂

jyothis_m_0-1680668665902.png

Bug fixes

Top Labels in this Space