Scheduled vs On Demand Report I have an "On ...

Scheduled vs On Demand Report

I have an “On Demand” reporting feature implemented in many of my apps that allow the user to email themselves a report. This report consists of a single row of data from the parent table and all related rows of a child table. This “On Demand” feature is implemented via an OnChange column and an action.

In this configuration the user is only able to generate a report for one row of the parent table at a time. I would like the user to be able to generate a report for all rows in the parent table as well as the related rows in the child.

A scheduled report will create a report of all rows in a table and all the related rows. This is what I need however, I’d like to trigger this 'On Demand" through an action.

It may help to think of this as a sales situation where one table contains customers and a related child table contains customer orders.

Through an action my users are able to email themselves a report containing ONE customer and all the orders that customer has placed.

A scheduled report that will create a report containing ALL customers and each customer’s orders.

I need a way to generate this report on demand and not via a schedule.

Any ideas how I might go about implementing this?

0 4 1,551
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space