Search bar not searching by label

I have a drop down that is a reference to codes. When I search in the list, in some locations, it will
search by the label and in other places it is searching by the actual KEY from the referenced table. The places where it is searchable by the key I am using a combined list of references from a table with references to generate a list based on users and their departments.
Below I have listed the valid if formula for the drop down that is searching by key instead of label. I am assuming since itโ€™s not a direct reference to that table it is the cause of the issue.
Would using an IN formula to pull my reference straight from the code table instead of splitting out the keys be a solution to this issue?

IF(
USERSETTINGS(โ€œCurrent_User_ACCT_GROUPโ€)=4,
SELECT(GL_ACCOUNTS[GL_ACCT_KEY],True),
SORT(
SPLIT(
TEXT(
SELECT(
USER_GL_ACCT_LINK[GL_ACCT_KEYS],
[USER_ID]=USERSETTINGS(โ€œCurrent_User_IDโ€)
)
),
โ€œ,โ€
)
+
SPLIT(
TEXT(
SELECT(
USER_GL_ACCT_LINK[GL_ACCT_KEYS],
[USER_ID]=USERSETTINGS(โ€œCurrent_User_ACCT_GROUPโ€)
)
),
โ€œ,โ€
)
+
SPLIT(
SELECT(GL_ACCOUNTS[GL_ACCT_KEY], [GROUP]=4),
โ€œ,โ€
)
)
)

Solved Solved
0 8 1,247
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For completeness sake, I feel the need to post the solution and a problem found when trying the suggested formula. By using a IN() to filter a SELECT from GL_ACCOUNTS, which is the table that actually contains the label, the search used the label. An issue I ran into when trying Steveโ€™s formula was that whenever I clicked the Edit button in the top right my app would go blank. No cancel or save would appear. This issue went away when I surrounded the final SELECT in my list in a SPLIT. I believe that the combination of SPLIT generated LIST and SELECT generated LIST cause this issue. Further more, when I used the phone preview, which has the column that contains this formula cut off, the issue was not present.
This has already been reported to support.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space