Searching enum list ref type column?

Hello,

I have added a new table to one of our apps with ref columns. The ref columns are searchable by their label from the menu, but I noticed the enumlist with base type ref are not searchable by labels. I can use the filter in the search bar for these, I just making sure that I was not missing anything. Here are the column settings. I have another column that is ref to this table for selecting just one person and it returns a search just fine.

For example, if I search for my name (Greg) I get no results for schools I have access to (via the enumlist / ref column). However if I search for a name of a person who is in the โ€˜regularโ€™ reference column, then I see the correct results. I also confirmed I can search by key values for the enum list /ref base column so I know it isnโ€™t picking up the label but the key values stored there.

Solved Solved
1 9 1,337
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh i see! I would consider that a bug.

One thing you COULD do is add a Virtual Column that uses an expression to get the actual TEXT values for all of the EnumList/Ref items. In the Table View, show your Text based list instead of the EnumList/Ref column. To the user itโ€™ll look exactly the same. Then youโ€™ll be able to search as you expect.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space