Security Filter to Limit USEREMAIL() views of data

Hello!

I am struggling to find out how to customize the view of a certain data table depending on USEREMAIL.

The data table I am using lists objects, and each object may have multiple owners. I am trying to make it to where each owner can only see the objects in which they have ownership. I have an OWNERS column where I list each USEREMAIL separated by a comma (",")โ€“and I have tried the CONTAINS([Owners], USEREMAIL()) function in the security filter, but this only works if the useremail is listed FIRST in the list of owners.

Is there a function that will allow me to search for USEREMAIL in a list of text, rather than only searching for the true single value of a useremail?

Sorry if this sounds confusing Iโ€™m confusing myself just typing thisโ€“any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 5 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please show evidence how it only works in that case. CONTAINS() should not be constrained like that.

Itโ€™d be better to hold your โ€œownersโ€ list as a List type. Try the EnumList column type for a Real column. Then you can use IN().

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space