Seeking Best Practice to transform App Maker App to Appsheet (Access to Datasource)

I have never used App Maker before, but just spending times to learn the basics of it so that I render assistant service to clients who need to transform their existing App Maker App to Appsheet.

Most importantly, the question is how to access to data sources App Maker is referring to ? Based on my understanding, all the data for App Maker reside Cloud SQL, unless App Maker app creator do tricks, such as GAS, to read other data sources, like GoogleSheet, etc. In general, I understand App Maker data is sitting on Cloud SQL.

I read few community post, where users data resides on Could SQL, meaning the App creator need to go with Business subscriptions to access to Appsheet functionality to access SQL.

Is it end of story?

If Cloud SQL stors huge amount of data, yes, it is valid, then new Appsheet user need to move to Appsheet proper subscription so that they use this feature. But what if the data set is small enough and can manage with Google Sheet alone?

To establish the best practice for seamless transfer from App Maker to Appsheet, how do you think the best approach?

My thought is simply migrate / dump all the existing App Makers data sourcer (Cloud SQL) onto GoogleSheet at one point of time. I am reading App Maker documentation, and it looks this page is point of our reference?

https://developers.google.com/appmaker/models/import-export

For those who are currently in transition from App Maker to Appsheet, I m pretty much intereted in hearing your experiences and suggestion to share within the community.

Based on this App Maker docs, when we migrate (Export) data from Cloud SQL to spreadsheet, it also create the physical fields automatically to tie the table to table if there is relationship, but probably we wont need that as we are able to establish relationship without such physical mappings.

Any thoughts and opinions I welcome!

0 2 660
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space