Send any PDF (not a template-generated PDF) via Webhook

I’m using webhooks to integrate with SharePoint Online / Onedrive for Business as, unfortunately, company policy prevents us from directly using our SharePoint/Onedrive account as a data source/store. Our main Appsheet file storage for templates/temporary storage remains on Google Drive.

At the moment, I can successfully create and send template-generated PDFs to our SharePoint site by making calls to the appropriate REST API endpoint i.e.

https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename/_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl(’/sites/siten...]

The content type is PDF and the only additional header is: Authorization: ("Bearer " & [accesstoken]). Everything works as needed. However, I cannot find a way to send a pre-existing PDF from our Google Drive.

Is there a way to send any PDF file stored in our Google Drive via a webhook? I have a column called [UploadedFile], which is a File type column containing the path of the PDF I’d like to send. I tried setting the Body of the webhook to <<[UploadedFile]>> but unsurprisingly I just got a PDF with a text representation of the file link. Is there any way to send the Base64-encoded version of the file itself? The closest I could find on the forums was this post

Out of curiosity, I also tried setting the Body Template to either [UploadedFile] or =[UploadedFile], but in both cases the Process returns an error.

Can anybody suggest possible solutions?

Thanks!
Michael

0 2 407
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space