Slicing work orders based on "Assigned To:" column

I’m building a work order app that is working well so far. One of the features I’d like to incorporate is for each app user to only see work orders assigned to them. Right now we have an “Assigned To” column in our service ticket table. How would we incorporate behavior such that the “Assigned To” user only sees their tickets? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Solved Solved
0 9 598
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the help all, I ended up getting this working by changing the value of Assigned To in the Service Tickets table to the user email instead of the name. Then I was able to set a security filter of [Assigned to]=USEREMAIL(). Seems to work. I do have another related question. We also have a Customers table that shows a list of all customers. Based on the user email I would also like a user to only be able to see the customer files they’ve used in the past. Say for a user in Ontario, Canada, we wouldn’t necessarily want them to see customer files for Manitoba, Canada. Is there a way to tie the same security filter we are using in the Service Tickets table to the Customers table? They do have referenced rows between them. Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space