Slow? Or is it just me?

It seems to be taking longer than usual to load my app in the editor and for syncs to occur when I use the app on my phone. Is it just me? If this is an issue that others have noticed, I wonder if itโ€™s related to the migration to Google or to recent issues with the editor.

5 54 2,234
54 REPLIES 54

@Jeremie thanks for the detailed analysis. Yes please do share the chrome perf log. That will be useful for us to see. I believe there should not be a 20 second delay on each of those steps.

Also, where are you located? Thanks

Region : France , Paris.

Sent you my Perf and Network Log detail via mail + Thierry on CC

Regards,

I noticed today that the expression assistant also seems to be more sluggish than normal. For example, after fixing the number of parentheses in an expression, it takes longer now to get the OK from the assistant.

Yes, i noticed that as well.

Another practise time for upcoming โ€œKanjiโ€ exam? while you pass the valid test for text you enter into expression body ?

I have my book right here on my desk. The expression assistant isnโ€™t slow enough to use the book though โ€“ just when waiting for syncs etc after edits.

Back to your post (serious terms)

Not sure if or not the validation test when we enter expression into editor it is happening within client side only, or the communication with backend service (appsheet server) is involved. If the validation is made first on the server and result is returned to the client and then we see, it could make sense due to recent slowness we see as Praveen mentioned in the other post, potentially because of the separeted appsheet servers, one in Azure, others in Google Cloud.

Just as a guess.

Yes, the expression validation rely on two API call to Appsheet Back-end. [ suggestion then validation ]

Its check global semantic format and the column type and schema with the Template App.

Since the Template App query to the back-end seems slow this will impact expression validation as same as the first launched session and save.

[ Prolly data got transfered to GCP but Logic query fonction still on Azure + AppSheet rely on the CloudFlare service for the distribution ( again some delay ) ]

Sorry for not posting this sooner, but after the weekend my time are now:

Save = 53secs
Save & Verify = 1min 30secs (was previously 7mins 10sec)

Thatโ€™s huge!

The app of mine that was over two minutes was under one minute today.

By the way, this slowness has prompted me to work on finding ways to avoid expensive virtual column expressions and today my app is syncing much more quickly. I think a good chunk of the improvement is the result of changes Iโ€™ve made in the app but I wonder if the recent improvement in sync times might not be connected to the recent improvement (or recovery) weโ€™ve experienced in our browsers. Any thoughts @Lucinda_Mason, @1minManager, @Jeremie, @tsuji_koichi, @Ewout_van_Zonneveld, @praveen, @Austin_Lambeth, @TDhers ?

Yes, opening up in editor is dramatically improving, I noticed as well. One of most complicated app I just opened it took approx 30 secs. Surely improved, but not sure what Appsheet team did or not did anything , as we dont see much of feedback from the team in this regard.

We found few issues with the Save and some fixes were made and thatโ€™s probably the reason for the improvement you are now seeing.

Yes, definitely faster. 28 seconds to save and get back to editor, 44 total to get app emulator up and loaded. I canโ€™t do the dishwasher any more.

Thank you AppSheet.

Now I just need to evaluate my virtual columns to try to speed up the sync portion, though for users adding and editing records, it works in the background so they have no problem to keep using the app. I just want it faster at opening since I have it sync at each opening.

Hello all,

For me putting SECURITY FILTER slow done very much my app editor reload.

Removing SECURITY FILTER remove the slowness.

Baptiste 

Top Labels in this Space