So, I am concerned about App bloat. I want t...

So, I am concerned about App bloat.

I want to take in customer information, customer orders (which have details), and then the line item details of those orders. Thatโ€™s three tables as I see it now, with that final one growing very fast (is that going to be a problem?).

Then I also want to be able to build a purchase order section of the App.

This would take the order details table and look at a column for โ€œOrdered (Y/N)โ€ and display it on a page of the app where a user can go through and check it off once the order has been placed.

Iโ€™d like that to generate a table with the Purchas Order name as well as what was ordered, the date, and what vendor it was ordered from.

This would be a 4th table that would also grow large.

Then I need a production workflow section of the App that would track the progress of the order through its various stages of production (4-5 different tracks it could take).

So thatโ€™s another 4-5 tables for each stage of the workflow that would allow us to check off/timestamp? when a task was completed (this seems simple enough data wise).

Potentially, I would like to also log job performance metrics at some point.

They could hit a button when starting the job and then hit a button when finishing the job which would log how long the job took so we could track time performance which would help with scheduling jobs.

I have (I think) one other

task Iโ€™d like incorporated in this app that would track an inventory of tools that get tied up on jobs while they are in progress and have various statuses (Clean, Prepped, On Job (job id), dirty, broken).

So, I am looking at that and feeling like that is a LOT of โ€œfunctionalityโ€ to incorporate into one app.

Is that correct?

Should I break out the App into two separate parts?

A front of house app that deals with the orders/customer data and then a production app that deals with order progress, time tracking, and tool status.

Or should I break that up even further with some of those things?

I just worry that the app will be bogged down if I try to do too much or it will be just too much to manage on the development side.

What are you guyโ€™s opions?

0 5 363
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space