Split existing app into 2

Hi,

My CRM app has 36,000 rows and about 50 tables. I have had to move tables to other googlesheets so that the data isn’t too big (so Zapier will connect to Xero without complaining too).

It takews about 45 seconds for the app to sync which is just about managable for my sales team at the moment but it is going to get bigger. I also have an app for my drivers that just looks at orders in the data which is very fast as it doesn’t look at the main table.

Is there a simple way of splitting an app into 2 or more without copying the first and deleting tables which in turn means I have to delete various views and functions as one deletion causes another problem with another table.

I have formatting etc that I want to keep rather than start from scratch each time.

I use the security filter option in the main table and a “fast” mode button to determine which data the app should look at. When set to “fast” mode - only active customers show up (after resyncing) - approx 1000 - and the other 35000 don’t. This makes the app function faster and crash less in chrome and when in use.

It still takes the same time to sync though. Is there a way of permanently stopping a version of the app looking at certain rows in my Orders app for drivers so that even syncing is faster?

Thanks

Phil

0 1 108
1 REPLY 1
Top Labels in this Space