Start Time & End Time

Hi Everyone!

I have a query. Can we add this type of data entry from in appsheet.
I want to get value in a single column of Start time and end time
Example:
Start Time: 10:00 am
End Time: 11:00 amStart date  end date.jpeg

Result should be shown in cell A1 like: 10:00am - 11:00am?

Can you help me with that?

I will be very thankful to you.
Regards

Solved Solved
0 5 291
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, you can't format the form in this way. 

You can still improve the the UI using "Show" type columns (physical or virtual, as you like) and setting them up into Pages or headers. See : Multi-Page Forms sample app

If you choose columns in the sheet, add them in the order of the form (header1 > startTime1/endTime1 > header2 > startTime2 etc...).

You can also use format rules / colors to make the UI clearer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Is that an issue for you if the start, end and result is 100% textual and not numeric ? 

If it's not then just twist start/end into enum types, in choices, enter the hours you need. As for the result, just do : concatenate([Start time], [End time] )

Thank you for your kind response.

Sir, I need to know how to create this type of field in the app sheet form.?

I can explain it to you. But first, can you explain : 

• what you currently have done ?
  • who is entering data in the app ?
  • what is the goal ?

If it's not already done, to create an app : create a new Google Sheets in your drive folder.

In appsheet, each of your Google Sheets sheet is equal to one table. And each column in your sheet is equal to a column in your app. You first need to create the sheet, then add the table in the app. 

In your sheet, add the columns "ID",  "Iteration number" , "Start Time", "End time". 

GFormMLH_1-1697467535266.png

Back in your app, regenerate the table.

Then, you can edit the type of the two columns, to Enum : 

GFormMLH_0-1697467375818.png

Its a great help.
I am creating a job summary for a company.
I have created an app sheet, but I need to change the form in this way. The screenshot is attached, Hope you will get the idea.

sami473_0-1697467785810.png

Unfortunately, you can't format the form in this way. 

You can still improve the the UI using "Show" type columns (physical or virtual, as you like) and setting them up into Pages or headers. See : Multi-Page Forms sample app

If you choose columns in the sheet, add them in the order of the form (header1 > startTime1/endTime1 > header2 > startTime2 etc...).

You can also use format rules / colors to make the UI clearer.

Top Labels in this Space