TLDR: I would like to be able to tell the app...

TLDR: I would like to be able to tell the app which forms to make available based on table input instead of App Formula/Show Column settings for easier use.

I am trying to figure out how to structure my data/app. I have different projects with different equipment and each piece of equipment can have multiple check sheets that need to be completed at different times. Letโ€™s say I have Houses and Apartments. Each of these will have toilets, fans, and windows (equipment), but only the houses can have pools. Now some of these need to be inspected when they are dry and again when they are wet for full functionality (different check sheets.) How can I set up the app so that it when I select Houses it knows what all equipment is available, and when I select a piece of equipment, it knows what all possible check sheets (forms) there are?

Currently I have a App Formula in each form I have an App Formula =โ€œHouseโ€, etc. and in the Project Detail View I have to Add Column for "Related ". This is hard to manage and I would rather have it all driven within my data by using a table. For instance having a row for each building type, and a column that would like to each acceptable form that be shown.

Iโ€™ll gladly share my app if this is possible and would help to clarify things.

0 9 421
9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space