TWO QUESTIONS: (1) I wanted to know how to ...

TWO QUESTIONS:

(1) I wanted to know how to build a reference column that shows dependent drop downs (shows me choices based on previous answer–in my example its a store format, and category of product). Why reference format? Because I want to be able to build new choices as you continue using the app.

EXAMPLE: My enumlist is a set of products. If I want to add more products in the future, building a reference column leads me to a separate page that tells me what to properly fill in to register a new kind of product. At the same time it updates the total product masterlist/source.

The thing is when I try putting in any expressions in the app formula bar, verifying it shows me an error message that says it a list is not compatible with a reference formatted column. Is there a better approach to this?

(2) Also, I wanted to know how to reference a specific column header in my spreadsheet based on a previous answer.

EXAMPLE: My dereference shows that the store I selected is a “Large” store. I want to see only the product selection that is present in this store format.

My referenced table with this data shows that for each product name, there follows three columns after it with headers “Large, Medium, Small”. In these columns, if the product is present in a specific format of store–it is ticked as TRUE, otherwise it’s ticked as FALSE. How do I reference a specific column header based on previous answers?

0 12 578
12 REPLIES 12
Top Labels in this Space