Tips on creating a DashBoard with filters and...

Tips on creating a DashBoard with filters and plenty of correlations?

1st of all, I want to say I did not understand the “Slice Based on User Input” How-To App.

The filter is working like a form, where you select two different itens on a ENumList… however, we all know forms can’t be incorporated on a dashboard. And really, looking at the App, that Filter view is set as detail.

Then, if it’s a DETAIL view, how are we able to select RED or BLUE color?

I tried doing the same… created a filter view. At first I did not insert any data, just configured the columns with ENUM lists picking lists from other tables. Did not work.

Then I made the Filter view a form, saved a single line and made it a detail view again, to be able to insert it into the dashboard. No luck either. Now the data were set in stone unless I edit it.

So, back to my dashboard.

I have 4 tables.

1 - Client Contracts. In this table, each row is a different client contract, defined by a number. Then there is tons of info, like name of client, client address, contract value, contract final value, lots of dates, etc. This is a parent table.

2 - Invoices child table. This table has a list of invoices for all clients, but as a child table, each invoice is associated to a single client It has fields like Invoice Number, Issue Date, Type, Raw Value, Liquid Value, etc.

3 - It’s a Government Budget Commitment List, where we control how much of the Commitment is left (as commitments have lots of bureaucracy to be issued, we can´t spend $$$$, issue an invoice just to discover there is no budget commitment to pay what we spent. It’s fields are Number, Type and Value.

4 - Diverse Processes - Mostly, the register of Protocols asking for prorrogation of dates or readjustment of price due to inflation or increase in total value of contract due to increase in scope.

Both 2, 3 and 4 are CHILD tables of 1.

Furthermore, Table 1 has too much data to be seen as a table. It must be shown as a Detail List.

The idea is to have a TABLE list with all the contracts (maybe it would be ideal to filter by Contract Status (Active, Inactive, Ended, etc)

But the list can only be sorted, unless instead of a table list I have a dashboard where I have a large tableview and a wide one where I can select contract status to filter the table above. But then, how to filter? Again, I did not understand the mechanism from the How-To example.

I created an action, when clicking on any of the Contracts on the table, we go to a Dashboard view where we have the Detail View of that contract (as a tall column, so we can see all the text and values information)

It’s here that I have more questions.

1: when using the Desktop version, we don´t have the option to scroll.

So If I add several LARGE table views (2, 3 and 4) they end up like SMALL views where I can´t see the info I need.

Is it possible to have a small filter view on the Dashboard where I change one of the Dashboard views (just one of them) from 2 to 3 or 4? (Invoices, Commitments, Protocols)? So I can have each of these important views in a big format, while never leaving the main dashboard view with the Contract Details.

It would also need sums of several columns in all those tables. I made a request for AppSheet to add an option on Table View to add a last line with automatic summaries (sums, averages) of the specific column.

But I would also need to filter some of the data… for example… I want to see, inside contract 750, only invoices of the type Readjustment…

0 4 1,707
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space